Bob's 2006 ING NYC Marathon Blog

My name is Bob Scofield and I live in Manhattan. I am running the NYC Marathon with the New York Road Runners Foundation Team for Kids. We raise funds for running programs for at risk kids here in New York City and other places around the country. To donate for this great cause follow the below link on the right (Internet Explorer users may need to scroll down to the bottom - thanks Bill Gates!). Don't forget to input my entrant number, 20832 and name Robert Scofield. The kids and I thank you!!

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Running for the kids


Hi, my name is Bob and I am a runner. It is sort of like being an alcoholic, only not as healthy. My legs are sore and I've been tired lately. The photo of me above is from the Knickerbocker 60K race held in Central Park last year on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I am the guy on the left in the bright green shirt, which is the uniform of The Team for Kids. The rationale behind the brightness of the shirt is it makes it easier for our supporters to pick us out of the crowd. This was not that important of a consideration during the 60K as there were only 87 finishers (I came in 60th). It is very handy during the ING NYC Marathon, as there are 37,000 or so runners out on the course. There will be 1,000 of us out there this year, 1 out of every 37 people should be clad in bright green.

The guy on the right is Alem Kahsay, one of our great coaches. Here is a link to his website:

http://www.coachalemk.com/

He runs very fast (his best marathon time is 2:14, which is a 5:07 pace). If you live in New York City and would like running instruction, he holds a class every Monday and Wednesday I believe, check his website for details.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home