Bob's 2006 ING NYC Marathon Blog

My name is Bob Scofield and I live in Manhattan. I am running the NYC Marathon with the New York Road Runners Foundation Team for Kids. We raise funds for running programs for at risk kids here in New York City and other places around the country. To donate for this great cause follow the below link on the right (Internet Explorer users may need to scroll down to the bottom - thanks Bill Gates!). Don't forget to input my entrant number, 20832 and name Robert Scofield. The kids and I thank you!!

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Your Face is my Case

Went home to Connecticut for the holiday after my surgery yesterday, sitting here at my Mom's computer putting ice on my face. Hopefully I won't need Jackie Chiles to represent me, as I'm pretty sure all went well. My face is still numb but the doctor says that is normal.

I've been watching the TFK DVD over and over again, it is quite mesmerizing. If you haven't bought it yet, you can still acquire it by donating on behalf of Mary-lynn Kelly, Entrant 72936. This last viewing I counted the occurrences of different TFK'ers in the marathon video and came up with 272. That is a pretty good number and many people show up more than once. If you didn't wear your green TFK shirt for whatever reason you probably are not in it. But anyway, we got better than 1 in 4 team members in the video, so there is a decent chance you are in it, or at least somebody you know well. I stuck a shot of Lance and his entourage in there, so you can say you have a video of yourself competing in a sporting event with Mr. Tour de France. Also my brother's roommate got a good shot of our teammate and Olympic Gold Medalist Shannon Miller on 5th Avenue.

Other videos on the DVD:

- The TFK trailer that inspired some of you to join the team back in June.

- The "I've Been Everywhere" video with footage from many of our training runs in the New York area.

- The Run with the Rabbits Video.

- The never before seen Bronx Zoo Kids Race Video, set to the tune "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" by The Tokens.

- "Beer Mile 2006 - The Quest for Corporate Sponsorship" - Watch it now before it becomes all commercialized just like the Super Bowl!

- The Poland Spring 5 Mile Kickoff featuring special guest Lance Armstrong (Pete Kenny).

- "Meet Tyler Darby", an interview with your inspiring teammate, triathlete, pilot and cancer survivor.

- The 23 Miler from 2005

- Finally there is a special video I made for Megan Cannady which was not finished in time for the initial release of the DVD but I've added to the most recent version. Megan is the 6 year old daughter of our teammate Jill, who had to defer her entry to the marathon until next year when Megan fell ill. Eugene Koenig and I went to the Kids' Cross Country Race in Van Cortlandt Park the week after the marathon and made a video to inspire Megan to get better. I finished it a few days ago and sent it along with a race shirt and some Christmas gifts purchased with Coach Adam's money from his Thanksgiving promotion. I'll tell you more about that after Christmas, we don't want to spoil the surprise for Megan (you never know who might be reading this blog). :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home