Bob's 2006 ING NYC Marathon Blog

My name is Bob Scofield and I live in Manhattan. I am running the NYC Marathon with the New York Road Runners Foundation Team for Kids. We raise funds for running programs for at risk kids here in New York City and other places around the country. To donate for this great cause follow the below link on the right (Internet Explorer users may need to scroll down to the bottom - thanks Bill Gates!). Don't forget to input my entrant number, 20832 and name Robert Scofield. The kids and I thank you!!

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Fundraising update and TFK on TV

I have raised $535.00 so far. Thanks to me, my parents Ralph & Betty, Brian & Julie, Gina, Allyson, Regi & last but not least, Alice, my biggest contributor not related to me by blood or marriage. Just for that I am going to talk favorably about her as I run along side her hero Lance Armstrong on marathon Sunday. When we get to the park I'll hand the 7 time Tour de France Champion Alice's phone number and say, "Well Lance, I see you're struggling a bit, so this is where you and I part ways. Give Alice a call, you won't regret it! See you at the finish!"

I have to raise $1,000 by September 15th, so if you haven't donated yet, act now. The demographics of my contributors are a little startling, 2 married couples, 4 women and no men. Come on fellas, time to step up! I will buy a beer for the first guy to donate the next time I see him out on the town.

We will run the Nike Half Marathon in New York this weekend (Sunday morning at 7 a.m.) Come out to watch in person and cheer us on, or watch it on Channel 7 (WABC). My teammates and I will be clad in our bright green shirts, you can't miss us. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home