Bob's 2006 ING NYC Marathon Blog

My name is Bob Scofield and I live in Manhattan. I am running the NYC Marathon with the New York Road Runners Foundation Team for Kids. We raise funds for running programs for at risk kids here in New York City and other places around the country. To donate for this great cause follow the below link on the right (Internet Explorer users may need to scroll down to the bottom - thanks Bill Gates!). Don't forget to input my entrant number, 20832 and name Robert Scofield. The kids and I thank you!!

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Photo Fundraiser




























These are a couple of samples of the photographs my roommate took at 5th Avenue on Sunday. I will go through the photos this weekend and come up with a list of people for whom he got photos and then early next week all of those photos will be available on his website, Jeff Carpenter Studios, for viewing and ordering.

The above photos were cropped by me so obviously they will look even better when Jeff gets a chance to work with them in Photoshop.

For a $25 donation, with all proceeds going to Team for Kids, you will get the high resolution digital source file and an 8 x 10 print of your marathon photo. Unless your photograph appears above or below, there is no way to know yet whether we got your photo or not, so don't donate yet.

Jeff didn't get into position until roughly 1 p.m., so this is the first person he photographed, Anne Perl De Pal, who crossed the 35K mark at 2:55:45, or at 1:05 p.m.

And he ran out of memory at 4:06 p.m. and had to stop. So if your 35K time was over 4:53:30, he didn't get you. That is the time of the last runner Jeff photographed, Betsy Friedman-Palmieri and now Blogger is doing that weird thing where it won't let me upload photos, but I'm just thankful it let me put these 3 up there (it is somewhat tempermental on the whole "upload photos" thing).

So if your 35K time was quicker than 2:55:45 or slower than 4:53:30, I'm sorry but he probably did not get your photo. And I say "probably" only to recognize the chip vs. gun time difference, so there is a minute or two margin of error there.

And if you were in that 2 hour window as most people were, he still may have missed you due to the crowds, light, bad luck, etc.

So check back here on Sunday and if your name is on the list I would encourage you to wait to see Jeff's photo when it comes online before buying the Brightroom photos, since Jeff's will be better, cheaper, and all the money will go to the kids!

If your time falls outside the window I would say go ahead and see what Brightroom has to offer. But first, if you were faster than Timmy Elsner, I would go to the Yahoo Group and check out his wife Aimee's mother's photographs, she is also offering her great shots as a fundraiser.

Sorry again that we couldn't shoot everybody, I will get back to sorting through the photos and making the list.

2 Comments:

At 1:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man! He is REALLY great! I am bummed I came in after that time because he is soooo much better than Brightroom!

How are you, otherwise? :)

-Betsy

 
At 1:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man! He is REALLY great! I am bummed I came in after that time because he is soooo much better than Brightroom!

How are you, otherwise? :)

-Betsy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home