Bob's 2006 ING NYC Marathon Blog

My name is Bob Scofield and I live in Manhattan. I am running the NYC Marathon with the New York Road Runners Foundation Team for Kids. We raise funds for running programs for at risk kids here in New York City and other places around the country. To donate for this great cause follow the below link on the right (Internet Explorer users may need to scroll down to the bottom - thanks Bill Gates!). Don't forget to input my entrant number, 20832 and name Robert Scofield. The kids and I thank you!!

Friday, December 29, 2006

Final Day to Order DVD & Another Preview Video

Here is a 2nd (out of the 4 on the DVD) marathon video, I apologize about the quality, but again it is compressed to be viewed on the web. The quality on the DVD is excellent. With the DVD you will get this video plus the 3 other ones set to cool songs, all the footage being of you (maybe) and your teammates (definitely) running the 2006 ING New York City Marathon with Lance & Shannon Miller. Someday long into the future your kids or grandkids may doubt grandma or grandpa (you) when you say you competed in the NYC Marathon with the 7 Time Tour de France winner. They may even conclude that you are suffering from delusions and use that as an excuse to have you committed to a nursing home involuntarily. Buy your DVD and keep it as proof! Do you know what they do to old people in those places? Better safe than sorry.
You will also get several other videos - approximately 50 minutes of content all together. Oh just buy the damn thing already. You've never spent $30 drinking during an evening? What did you have to show for it afterwards? A bad hangover. I used to routinely bet $30 and even more than that on a single hand of blackjack. Do you know how long a single hand of blackjack lasts? Under a minute. $30 is less than half of what Nathan Miller tips each of the 14 doormen and maintenance guys in his building for Christmas every year. How many $30 toys did you buy for your kids this Christmas that they have already stopped playing with and WILL NEVER TOUCH AGAIN? I am so sick of you people. Buy the video or I will hunt down all 960 of you who have not yet bought it and MAKE you buy it. Do you think I'm joking? I'm going to start at the top of the alphabet and work my way down. So Abbie Bookman, if you haven't gotten your video by midnight tomorrow night, don't be surprised when your doorbell rings at 12:01 and I am standing there with a machete and a DVD. Do I sound like I'm kidding? Try me.

Please make your fully tax-deductible donation on behalf of last name Kelly, Entrant 72936!
Donate $30 for Mary-lynn Kelly here! Now! Last chance!

Did I mention the money goes to kids? Free shipping? Enhanced probability of entering Heaven or your religion's equivalent thereof upon your death?

Click below to see 2nd marathon preview video
Preview video # 2 and final one

Thanks in advance to those who donated or will donate soon! The rest of you I'll deal with later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home